dressy window

28 comments



One of my favourite things to look at is a row of beautiful vintage dresses (which explains why I can spend hours at vintage shops without actually buying anything!). The way these ones are displayed by the window light make them look so romantic.

Found on this flickr page by allencompanyinc.
They also have
an etsy shop.

P.S. I'm contributing to the Yes and Yes Great Birthday Giveaway, and you can win one of my Dahliaville prints there!

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

28 little notes:

Sam said...

I really and truly don't think they make clothes like they used to - these are so pretty - I agree!

Vicki said...

Soooo lovely :)
I would try this but my curtain pole..not so stable..lol x

A said...

love all the floaty ones up top...so lovely

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

Oh wow! Those all look so amazing!

mir said...

mmmmmmm ! I love it ! Thanks !

Jonna said...

Beautiful! x

suzy said...

mm! i own the first dress in the second window. the black one. it was my mom's. man alive, so much of my clothes were.

Stéphanie said...

I adore Anna !
And I hope I can win the giveaway ! (I ADORE Dalhiaville !)

Rebecca said...

Ahhh, serious lust for those dresses!

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I've always had a thing for hanging pretty dresses in windows. They make for the prettiest pictures!

Caroline said...

Beautiful! xo

Liz said...

srsly so pretty!

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

The way the light moves through the fabric is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

thingsIlove said...

SO beautiful!

Vanessa said...

simply beautiful

Amy Seager said...

Your blog is beautiful. I love all those dresses and wish my wardrobe was full of lovely things like that!

By the way, I am doing a giveaway and all you need to do to enter is become a follower! Hope to see you there!

Love from
Aimee
x

Lili said...

I love the Allen Company. They have such a lovely way of displaying their goods and everything they sell is so beautiful and unique as well. Thanks for reminding me about their awesome Flickr. I can't wait to browse now. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Avalonne Hall said...

I love vintage dresses!!! They're like a dream! Those photos are stunning indeed. I love going to vintage stores or thrift stores, the smell of vintage clothes!!! Whoa. Anything vintage just makes my heart swell!

La LuciOLe said...

Beautiful! Always.

I like so much this fashion spirit very natural, romantic... It's look like your blog!

It's very difficult for me to write in english. So I'm sorry.

See you soon,
Lucie

"Much love" from France ^^

Anonymous said...

her photo styling is lovely and what i love the most is the sheer simplicity.

Artpixie said...

these are so pretty

Laura Loo said...

gasp! that first photo would be a dream for me to own!! gah

huong said...

Hi I have added your badge to my blog. I hope you don't mind but can you link my blog on your site? Thank you.
http://huongoncrack.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

VERY NICE PICTURES, PRESQUE HABITÉES...STÉPHANE OF WWW.LUXE-ET-VANITES.BLOGSPOT.COM

Emily said...

Those are SO BEAUTIFUL!

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

These are gorgeous. Have you ever tried photographing vintage dresses or blouses in front of window light? I think you'd create some beauties :)

P.S. For some reason this reminded me of when you photographed lace in water. Lovely!

Bejewelled Dresser said...

They are so beautiful!! I wish dresses like that could talk, imagine the stories they would tell!

Amanda said...

I want to hang that first photo on my wall--it's pure magic.