just a minute in March

6 comments

celebrating.. my birthday yesterday, with a sweet little birthday picnic. Birthdays are a funny thing. No matter how much I try to wave it off as no big deal, there's going to be some amount of expectation and pressure to get it right, memorable and happy. I admit I'm not crazy about turning two-nine (only one more year of saying I'm 20-something!). I also try not to read too much into the fact that the amount of people around me have dwindled down compared to last year's birthday, as have the fb messages. Popularity is not my thing, that's for sure... but that's okay. At the end of the day, I am glad that I got to celebrate the way I did, and I got to spend the day with 3 superbly good friends who don't mind my odd quirks and obsessive film photo taking (surely it gets annoying to have someone take your drink away because they want to take a photo of your straw! What? It's true!). It was in fact memorable and happy.

Snippets from around the day:
thrifting.. vintage plates and floral sheets
pinning.. picnic inspirations on pinterest
colouring... yellow (a bit of a theme of the picnic)
hanging... paper pompoms and garlands
eating... yellow rice, tofu, fairy bread, orange poppyseed cake, brownies - we were ready to explode by the end.
drinking... apple cider
using up... expired polaroid films that's been sitting in my camera for over 3 years!
playing... badminton and boggle
reading... Miranda Hart's Is It Just Me?(awesome birthday present)


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

6 little notes:

Vivika said...

Happy Birthday to you!! Wish you the best! (you have lovely boards on Pinterest! Following you!)

Unknown said...

Ohhh, happy birthday - I love birthday.

querido diário said...

happy belated birthday :)

michelle said...

That's exactly how I feel about birthdays! I never had a massive 21st or 25th, and I feel that's right for me but there is always this tingling feeling like I didn't document it properly. You looked like you had a sweet one this year! Happy birthday!

arvee marie said...

Belated happy birthday! We have the same birthday! ;) ♥

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

It sounds (and looks) like your birthday was truly wonderful, Anna. Not to mention very sweet. My birthday never involves a big to-do either and I like it best that way. Simple yet lovely. xx.