let me be something

11 comments

photo via flickr by mary_robinson

"let me be something every minute of every hour of my life. 
Let me be gay; let me be sad. Let me be cold; let me be warm. 
Let me be hungry…have too much to eat. Let me be ragged or well dressed. 
Let me be sincere— be deceitful. Let me be truthful; let me be a liar. 
Let me be honorable and let me sin. 
Only let me be something every blessed minute. 
And when I sleep, let me dream all the time so that not one little piece of living is ever lost.”


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

11 little notes:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

pretty image and words.
happy weekend, friend!

Isadora Filković said...

What a lovely quote!
And that photo... pure poetry as well :)
Thank you for sharing these beauties with us.


Fantastique Mémoires from the Outer Space

Sarah Knight said...

Lovely : )

ChYmEc!nDy** said...

nice words. very inspiring.

em.me.ma said...

beautifuuul

my best friend jules said...

Such beautiful words. And they make so much sense too! ♥
Mervi

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

that's beautiful...<3

Sunny said...

love reading those words...

every minute is very precious...

Mariella said...

Beautiful words and lovely picture..

lauren, curious constellation said...

Beautiful quote. So very true to my life right now.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Sweet photo. I've never read that book. How are you liking it? Is it one you'd recommend?