teddy's girl

28 comments


Lookbook photos from Colenimo

Glorious! That's how I'd describe this lookbook by London fashion label Colenimo. Inspired by the teddy boys and girls of 1950's London, it was for their '08/'09 AW collection (yeah, so I'm a little behind..) and there's a short film that goes with it too. The whole vintage styling (that hair! that tulle skirt!) and photography is a joy to look at. Goes to show that black and white photos doesn't always have to be gloomy or moody. Neither should lookbooks and editorials. Honestly, we need more smiles and less grumpiness in fashion editorials!!

P.S. I gave my blog a little makeover, and dyed the side background pink (those using smaller computer screens might not notice though). Felt I needed that splash of girly colour! What do you think?

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

28 little notes:

Spazzy said...

I love the new look! It somehow looks fresher but still softer and girly! Nice job :D

ane pixestos said...

I like how it's colourful, but that there's still room for the imagination. Spot on!

Anjani said...

love the new layout <3

The Dainty Dolls House said...

sweet new look, i like it!! Gorgeous photos as well, I have a skirt kind of like that in the photo, so much fun to wear, swirling :)) Have a great weekend!! xx

Alex said...

Love the photos :) and the new look!

Unknown said...

Amazing. I had to do a double take I thought one of them was Marilyn. (I may need bed...)

Sandy Joe said...

That last blouse is INCREDIBLE. Serious old Hollywood glamour.

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!!

Lucia said...

I want that blouse! :D and I love your new layout, simple and sweet

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pics!

Mo said...

i loooove the pink (of course) and those pictures are sooo nice and "happy" !!

Melanie's Randomness said...

She looks authentic & so pretty!!

Melanie's Randomness

Little Monarch said...

awww man i love the teddy boy fashion. they are so rockin and cool! the video which goes with this editorial is so much fun too xx

Sarah Morgan said...

Your new layout is beautiful! Such a pretty shade of pink.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

wow, these photos are gorgeous! thanks for sharing!

http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

lauren, curious constellation said...

Her smile is so very contagious.

Renee said...

These photos are so pretty!

Federico Panarello said...

These are fantastic photos! Love all of them!!!

laura tj said...

cute layout. and such a classy and elegant and fun lookbook!!

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

I like the new blog makeover. Lookin' good! The pink is really cheery :)

SoOhCliché said...

Very inspiring ! I love the spirit of thoses pictures. This, to me, is what fashion should be : all smiles, inspired, cheerful and with a vintage feel :)

Ari said...

Your new layout is very cutesy but I will dearly miss the soft colors you had before.

Anonymous said...

you can never go wrong with pink -- i adore your blog makeover!

Gabbi said...

Anna, I love the look-book photos and the new colors on your blog. I did notice. Especially the header. It has a slight 50's feel to it.

Also, the model in the photos is gorgeous. Very reminiscent of Marilyn Monroe.

A said...

These are amazing.... love the teddy feel, yet oh so feminine layers.
Lovely post!
xx
love from San Francisco.

Amy
refusestolabel.com

Vanessa said...

this is MOST inspiring :D thank you for posting!! xxx

Isadora Filković said...

What a gorgeous model!


Fantastique Mémoires from the Outer Space

Anonymous said...

oh i adore these pictures! these would had been great when i was doing my pre-wedding shoot!